Coated with 2 layers of epoxy 2 coats of primer Finished with strip protectors, pintles and drain plug all now fitted. Ready to turn over again, now attentions have to turn back to finishing the mast and boom, and rigging with the nice Jeckell's sail that's been waiting patiently since March, it may even get launched before the winter......we'll see !
Without great fanfare, or big audience, an impulsive 1st launch took place, the weather was nice and calm and reasonably warm for late October, so the opportunity was taken. The wind picked up a little later and we were able to give it a good test, it was quick to set up, sailed beautifully, and more stable than I was expecting, all attributes that I was hoping for, and the inspiration for making it. So luckily, worth all the effort.
I decided to fill the gunwale gap with resin to add a contrasting stripe rather than a timber inlay. Progressing nicely, centre board case fitted, buoyancy chambers painted and seat tops glued down. I decided to go for a removable forward thwart seat as I want to regain floor lounging ability up front. There still seems a long way to go.........
Looks like it's coming along really nicely Neil. Well done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Graham, making progress slowly but surely, I see you're making progress with your build too.
Delete