Getting started with a model and Cutting out all the grown up Pieces on CNC


Being someone with a background in woodwork and a passion for small water craft, it has always been
an ambition of mine to combine the two and build my own boat. I assumed it would eventually happen as a retirement project (in approximately 12 yrs time) but after a conversation with a friend last summer, and encouraged by my wife, the consensus was "why wait", "do it now" they said.

So the decision was made to spend large sums of money and lots of weekends in the shed !!!!

I wasn't planning on blogging the build, but thought I might record it with photographs.

I have found looking at other's build logs really useful so thought I would share my progress.

Having access to a CNC router, I was able to cut my own components, and with a laser cutter cut a 1/4 scale model kit to practice with, and test the files, same techniques just in miniature.
This has given me more confidence for the 'real' one !

 


 

Making a 1/4 scale model was a really useful practice, before I was organised enough to start the real one. Still not completed though as the full size boat has taken priority.



Cutting all the pieces for the build frame and boat construction on a CNC machine.



Some of the completed pieces.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog